When you join the Capital Glass Co-op and become a member, you become a fundamental part of a strong glassblowing and glass art making community! We believe in working together to create a glass shop like no other.
- Membership in the co-op sense of it, means you are part owner of the Capital Glass Co-op. This is your glass shop! Your membership also entitles you to one vote on any matters that are presented as a motion that need approval by the general membership.
- 30% of your annual membership fee goes directly to the Indigenous Youth Expressions in Glass Program (IYEG). Specifically you will be allowing one Indigenous youth to take an 8 week-long course.
- Your name on a coloured tile that will be part of a special members sculptural mobile, hanging in the shop.
- Complete access to the glass shop work space and equipment.
- A shelf of your own for you to store your work.
- Access to the schedule to reserve your spot for use of the hot shop or cold shop depending on availability.
- Special member’s rate on course and lecture fees (20% off).
- A piece of work in the annual members exhibit.
- VIP first access and preferred members rate to special event tickets.
Payment Plan Options
Plan A – 6 bi-monthly payments of $240.00 each with 30% of the proceeds going towards the IYEG program
Plan B – 2 payments of $600.00 each with 30% of the proceeds going towards the IYEG program
Plan C – 1 payment of $1,000 with 30% of the proceeds going towards the IYEG program
Every year, there are at least two general members’ meetings. One in the Fall and another in the Spring. This is our special time to get to know one another. We catch up on how the collective is doing as a whole, blow some glass together and think of what we would like to do at the Co-op in the future.
Being part of the Capital Glass Co-op is about being part of something larger than just one individual. It’s about being part of a group of like-minded people who share in the excitement of glass and all the potential that it holds for ourselves and our community!
If there is something that you would like to see happen at Capital Glass Co-op, just let us know. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see what we can do to make it happen together for the Co-op’s benefit.
Drop by our Facebook page for some fresh content about glassblowing as well as promotional stuff regarding courses. If you like what’s going on, help spread the good word of what we are doing. Be sure to like and share the page. The more, the merrier!
If you are a glass artist and would like to rent some studio time, contact us to book your time slots. Now’s a great time to do this with the pre-opening discount of 15%.
If you are a glass artist working in mould making and glass casting, we would love to have you join us. As soon as we have a physical location, you could teach and be part of the Capital Glass Co-op team. It’s a great way to keep doing your own work while teaching to generate an income and help grow the glass artists’ community.
Please contact me Stephanie Bak at:
(613) 608-1538 or email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you.